Abu Dharr (r.a.) related: My beloved friend (Allah's Messenger s.a.w.) has commanded me to do seven things:
1. To love the poor and the needy and to be close to them.
2. To look towards those who are of a lower standing than me regarding worldly goods and not towards those who are of a higher standing than me in this regard.
3. To strengthen the ties of kinship, even if my relatives try to sever them.
4. Not to ask anything of anyone.
5. To speak the truth under all circumstances, even if it might be bitter (for him who hears it).
6. Not to fear the reproach of anyone when it comes to bidding good and forbidding evil.
7. To recite Laa hawla wa la quwwata illa billah often as these words are a part of the treasure beneath the Mighty Throne. (Ahmad)
(From Scattered Pearls vol.8)